Compassionate, quality care using medically sound methods to achieve and maintain weight loss, while promoting self-acceptance
RECHARGE YOUR LIFE TODAY! CALL (352) 672-9000
Gainesville Medical Obesity Specialty (GMOS) Clinic offers the best in weight loss treatment and maintenance, joining you as your partner through every step of your journey. We foster encouragement and respect, empowering clients to make lifelong changes in a safe environment.
Dr. Larimer is specifically trained and nationally certified TO TREAT OBESITY (the disease of excessive weight) She is one of only 4 physicians in the state of Florida trained by the nationally recognized expert in Obesity Medicine, Dr. Allen Radar. His program has an excellent success rate:
- 97% lose weight at first month visit.
- 78% who enter our maintenance program maintains some or all weight loss.
- 80% who make a minimum 3 visits lose enough weight to reduce diabetes risk 50%.
- Cholesterol and triglyceride numbers are improved without additional medicine,
- Blood pressure is improved
- Diabetic sugar levels are reduced.
Compassion and understanding
Medical Bariatrics of America include many health care providers who struggle with the same disease called obesity. We understand the prejudices against the obese, the poor results usually obtained in weight loss attempts, and the complexities of weight loss and weight maintenance.
As a member of Obesity Society of America she adheres to the 15 criteria “principles of excellence” that all bariatricians are encouraged to follow. These include such things as:
- Always putting patients’ welfare above all
- Avoiding value judgments concerning a patient’s behavior
- Complying with all state and federal laws
- Providing adequate and truthful information to the patient about their disease
- Cooperating fully with other physicians in providing medical care to every patient.
As a Board Certified specialist in weight loss medicine, Dr. Larimer has completed hours of nationally certified continuing education and passed the American Board of Obesity Medicine examination to get this certification. Obesity Medicine physicians attend national conferences twice a year to maintain current knowledge on advances in obesity.
Medical Bariatrics of America has many doctors lecture at national conferences and one physician is now an esteemed member of the American Board of Obesity Medicine setting the high bar of excellence for more future Obesity board certification examinations. Our Obesity doctor reads extensively, works with other physicians, and has given talks a local medical residency programs.
*Dr. Rader’s program has received national recognition and will be featured in a documentary by National Medical Reports. Dr. Rader was awarded the 2007 Bariatrician of the Year award by ASBP. http://mbamd.net/about-our-program/
We work with you in 3 basic phases…
What to expect on your first initial visit
On your initial visit to GMOS clinic, we include the following:
- Full medical history
- Physicial exam
- Blood tests that are only absolutely necessary as part of your basic profile. Read more about blood tests
- An EKG (heart tracing) are ordered only as necessary patients who are at risk to have problems from either the process of losing the weight or possible side effects of some medications used in their program.
- A thorough informational lecture presented by Dr. Larimer. This session will help each person fully understand how we will be hacking the body’s metabolism in a healthy way to release the fat stored, the effective methods developed by the Idaho Weight Loss center and understanding obesity as a disease. This is a small group session that includes 1-2 other patients.
- Visit again with the physician and get a personalized medical plan started before leaving the office that first day.
What real people are saying...
If you are looking for a Physician that really understands Obesity then look no further. Not only is she very knowledgeable but she is extremely caring and really listens to her patients. She’s not in a rush and will take the time to help you and support you on you’re journey to a healthier you. I should know she helped me lose and keep off 80 pounds. I owe my health and reversal of diabetes to her. Just go see her, do it. You won’t be disappointed.
I know Dr. Larimer personally, she is extremely compassionate and her goal is nothing more than to help people live healthier lives. You will not find a better doctor to help you with your journey.
Wonderful, caring doctor that goes above and beyond to listen and care to all of her client’s needs.
Good program, well conceived structure, very qualified and dedicated medical director.